Learning to Pivot
Are you doing all the right things…without getting the right results?
Frustrating, isn’t it? Maybe even a little scary.
Something’s got to give. But what?
Maybe you’ll see yourself in Tim’s story.
Nobody is immune from the blocks and barriers. Sooner or later, every business needs to pivot…even ours!
We’re having one of those moments right now in our business, so we’re giving you a “behind-the-scenes” look at the art of pivoting.
Here’s the story.
We’re gearing up for a live event in Atlanta on September 28-29. It’s been called “Show Me the Money Live,” and we’ve been promoting it in every way that’s worked for us in the past:
- Facebook ad campaigns
- Preview Webinars
- Email marketing to our list
- A Facebook Challenge event
- Phone calls to prospects
- Marketing through affiliates.
We did this event in London this summer with great results, so we know it works.
Today’s Marketing Team Meeting was the pivot point for us. And here’s what we did.
First – We faced the situation head on and agreed that we needed to pivot.
Next –We looked at where the process was getting stuck. For us, it was that we weren’t attracting enough interest from the start.
Then – We got some feedback from trusted friends and customers and discovered that the event title was falling flat. It didn’t speak to what our customers were looking for from a live event. Customers also told us that they were looking for something beyond the same old business and sales workshops.
Finally – We made a plan…and pivoted.
- The event is now called “10 Steps to an Easier, Simpler, More Profitable Business“
- We’re highlighting the unique combination of expert presentations, building sales skills and practice selling your product in the event – you could go home with money in your pocket!
- Chris is holding “office hours” online every Friday until the event to answer questions and make sure that this event is right for you.
- Phone calls will continue with an emphasis on the “easier, simpler, more profitable” message and highlighting how different this event is from many others
- We’re sending new emails to our customers to make sure they know exactly what the event is and why it’s such a great opportunity.
They say the “proof is in the pudding.” We’ll see where we are this time next week.
We know one thing for sure. If you want to survive in business, learn to pivot.
Go forth and do great things,
Martha & Chris
P.S. If you want more of this straight-talk, real life approach to doing business, join us in Atlanta.
CLICK HERE to find out more.