Have you ever had a moment of clarity or a flash of brilliance and asked yourself, “How come it took me so long to figure this out?”
Once a solution presents itself, once you finally understand something, it seems so obvious. Like the answer has been hiding in plain sight all along.
As I’ve gotten older (and hopefully wiser), I’ve sometimes wished that someone had taught me those important life lessons back when I was in school. It sure would have save a lot of heartache and avoided a lot of mistakes.
One of the things I wish I’d learned is the impact that my attitude would have on my success. Oh, how I wish I had known about “mindset” much sooner!
The good news is that these days, many schools are teaching the importance of mindset to help students develop social and emotional skills. One of my good friends is a teacher. She swears by the 7 Mindsets curriculum developed by Jeff Waller and Tracey Smith.
Whether you are in 7th grade or in your 70s, here are the mindsets that will support you in leading your most successful life.
- Everything is Possible – Believe that you can do anything you set your mind to. Dare to dream big and to expect that your dreams will be fulfilled.
- Passion First – Find something you love and devote your energy to pursuing it. When you love what you do, you are more likely to do it well. Use your gifts and authentic talents in the service of your passion.
- We Are Connected – Remember that you are not alone. We are in this life together and we can empower one another to succeed.
- 100% Accountable – You are responsible for your own happiness and success. It’s not so much what happens to you, but what you do with what happens that matters.
- Attitude of Gratitude – Find something to celebrate in every experience. Be thankful for all that you have and develop a daily habit of expressing gratitude.
- Live to Give – Inspire and serve others while maximizing your potential. As Winston Churchill said, “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.
- The Time is Now – There is no time like the present. Every moment is full of possibility if you take purposeful action to harness it.
I am grateful to be reminded of the power of mindset to create a happier and more successful life. Pay attention to your mindset while you…
Go forth and do great things,