Power of Connection
Connection….it’s one of the most basic of human needs. And 2020 has certainly thrown us a curve ball in getting that need met.
We’ve been confined, quarantined, isolated and socially distanced. And yet, we’ve persisted in finding ways to stay connected through it all.
Because our lives – personal and business – depend on it.
So, what exactly is connection? Here’s how Brene Brown describes it:
“The energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgement; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.”
With all of the COVID craziness, we have to work a little harder at creating and maintaining connections.
Here are a few tips for keeping the connection going:
- Commit to intentional connection – Good connections don’t happen by accident. You have to make time and space. To set an intention. To make it a priority.
- Believe that everyone is worthy of meaningful connection – Be willing to connect with people that you might have previously overlooked. To widen your circle. To suspend judgment.
- Listen first – Ask sincere questions that demonstrate your willingness to really see the other person. Discover what really matters to the person you are connecting with. Create space for that person to show who they really are.
- Show up authentically – It can be hard to show your true self, to be vulnerable. Vulnerability is the life force of genuine human connection. Without it, we can lose sight of what’s really important.
- Be persistent and consistent – Real connection takes time. Even if it’s “love at first sight,” it requires effort to keep the fire burning. Both parties in a relationship have to put in the time, show up consistently, support, share and commit quality time. to support, share, and spend quality time with another person.
- Express gratitude – Everybody needs to be acknowledged, to feel wanted. Valued and appreciated. Every time you express gratitude, you strengthen the connection and reinforce your commitment to maintaining it.
Here at Wide Awake Business, we do all can to stay connected with you. As our clients, customers and colleagues, you are so important to us. We honor, support and value you and are so grateful that your path has crossed with ours.
We are committed to making sure that you feel seen, heard, and valued; to creating a space where you can give and receive without judgment; and ensuring that you get sustenance and strength from our relationship.
Wishing you meaningful connections, whether virtual or face-to-face.
Go forth and do great things.